COMPONENTS OR TURN-KEY PACKAGE AVAILABLE
Pixel Light Effects is now offering cross-polarized FACS scanning system! After years of trial and error, PLE’s system had proven its reliability in multiple major productions. Check out our video showing the hardware and software:
EACH PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Multi-camera shutter release and flash signal synchronization
- Downloading speed up to 300MB/s
- Shot management – each shot is grouped into corresponding folders with consistent camera naming convention
- Optional secondary non-polarized lighting for look-dev references
- 110 or 220V power and 4x4m footprint
- Comprehensive workflow training
OPTIMIZED CAMERA POSITIONS
Camera positions and lighting is specifically calibrated to ensure best raw scan quality.
CROSS POLARIZED LIGHTING SETUP
Designed to completely remove the specular component from the photographs, our cross-polarized head rig produces animation-ready textures. Photos are captured in RAW format to ensure flexibility in the post processing.
COMPREHENSIVE WORKFLOW TRAINING
We will show you not only how to operate the system, but also our process and tricks to generate clean mesh.
Camera Hub CH01B (Controls 16 Cameras)
CH01B Camera Hub can synchronize to 16 cameras with DC power and trigger signals. It can be triggered with an ordinary shutter release. Multiple hubs can be daisy-chained together, to expand your array into hundreds of cameras.
Processor Box is in charge of communication between 4 cameras with ‘PLE Scan Manager’ on workstation. i.e. a 40 camera rig requires 10 of Processor Box. Typical system download speed of 50MB/s, and can be upgraded to 300MB/s.
Control Unit (Camera & Flash Synchronization)
Control Unit is the main switch of the system. It controls power as well as all the signals.
It receives commands from ‘PLE Scan Manager’ software, then split the signal to trigger shutters and flashes with a very specific time delay, to ensure perfect synchronization without dark frames.
All the Processor Boxes are networked through Control Unit to the workstation.
PLE SCAN MANAGER (SOFTWARE)
- Shooting parameters setup
- Downloading images
- Shot management – each shot is grouped into individual folders with consistent camera names
- System connection diagnose